It’s that time to start thinking about what plans and jobs we have for the house and garden this year. It’s a time to start getting creative, taking stock and getting the home and garden as we want it.
It’s also a time to see what trends are popular this year get a little inspiration, so we thought we’d share what we found.
- Darker more confident shades will be popular, such as blues and shades of green.
- Earthy colours will be popular this year with dusty pinks, terracottas and olive green.
- Various shades of grey will still be a prominent colour for interiors in 2017.
- Dulux have announced their colour of the year, Denim Blue – a subtle grey-blue.
Colour Ideas For Our House
We are liking the way our house is progressing and the pallette that we have chosen, but we think this year we will be adding a few different colours into the the mix than the neutral tones with purple accent colours. Not sure necessarily the above in trend colours would be what we go with, but certainly has given us thought to start experimenting a little.
We’ve bought this wallpaper from Laura Ashley to brighten up our downstairs cloakroom. It has the grey tones that are using downstairs, but does have splashes of subtle pink in it as well.
- Texture will play a big part this year with your interior designs.
- The comeback of cork! We’ve seen this in a number of articles/ blog posts stating that it is on the way back.
- Brass in 2017 will start be used more than copper materials and you see it move away from the brushed effect to polished.
- Getting back to nature will be big with lots of wood material being used in various forms within your room’s design.
- Mixed patterns are said to be coming in this year and although sometimes they can seem too busy, softer more subtle versions can really lift a room.
Pattern Ideas For Our House
We are trying to ‘jazz up’ some of our rooms this year with more patterned feature walls to get away from the plain painted walls and accenting with pictures, trinkets or furniture.
We found this and the other roll featured above at Laura Ashley in the Winter sale, so got it at a great price.
- It is said that the trend will be for consumers to start to move towards more well-built, hand crafted furniture this year that will add more character and warmth to your rooms.
Furniture Ideas For Our House
This year, we are thinking of renovating some old bits of furniture we have as they good quality, but need a face lift to bring them in line with our new colour theme.
- This year, interiors will take inspiration from explorers such us vintage globes, suitcases and bell jars
- Cosy reading areas may become more popular next year in your room designs.
- Having more a mix of artisan/ classic peices and modern furniture in your design.
Design Ideas For Our House
We have already created a cosy corner which we use from time to time, but would like to start using it more.
We are not sure entirely how our design ideas will evolve and change over the year and will always be dependant on time and budget, but we just want our house to feel more warm, fresh and cosy as we work towards getting it as we want it.
For further reads on trends for this year, please click on the links below.