There’s a real Autumnal feel in the air at the moment and we are starting to hanker for those warming recipes and focus on getting the inside of the house cosier for the end of the year.
Now, we love the traditional classic warming recipes at this time (pies, casseroles etc) and everything that comes with them (mustard mash, gravy, etc)………but the favourite and winner for us has to be…………..roast dinners……………………and roast potatoes.
We got the inspiration to share this post after seeing the perfect roast beef recipe from Jamie Oliver’s book below (aff link) and thought it was was time for a roast and share our best roast potato recipe.
There are loads of recipes for cooking these, but this is sophisticatedhomes way to get the best roast potatoes to accompany any dinner.
- Maris Piper potatoes
- Sunflower oil
- Goose fat
- Maldon sea salt
- Peel your potaotes
- Place in a pan of water with a pinch of salt.
- Place some Goose fat in a roasting tray and put into the oven (190 degrees)
- Par boil the potatoes until they are just getting soft.
- Drain the water from the pan. Place a lid on the pan and shake the par boiled potatoes until the edges are roughed up a little.
- Sprinkle and cover the potatoes with plain flour.
- Place the par boiled potatoes into the roasting tray with the now melted goose fat and sunflower oil. Coat the potatoes with the oil and add some Maldon sea salt.
- Place in the oven for apprximately (depending on your oven) 50 mins (turning/ coating occasionally) at 190 degrees until crispy and golden.
- Panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs – coat the par boiled potaotes (once drained) with salt and then roast. It adds a little bit of extra crunch and texture.
- Semolina – again, coat the par boiled potatoes in the same way as the panko breadcrumbs and roast.
- Marmite – Smear the potatoes with Marmite around 20mins before the end of cooking. It gives them an extra salty flavour and stickiness!.
If you would like further tips on cooking the perfect roast potatoes, please click on the below video.
For another book with some great roasted meat recipes, we recommend the below book (aff link).
If you have any tips or twists to get the best roast potatoes, please share them with us.