This is one of our favourite dishes at the moment and personally we think it is made by the oriental rice. A nice healthy, tasty dish with loads of texture and flavour. Why not give it go and let us know what you think of it.
Lemon & Garlic Salmon
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Salmon fillets (4 small are shown in pic above, but obviously can be 2 larger fillets)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- A small lemon
- Lemon zest
Now, the below descriptions are quite loose as Sophie just tends to add to taste and feel when cooking, so you can obviously tweak to suit your own preferences.
- Firstly, finely chop the garlic and parsley and place to one side.
- Add the chopped ingredients to a 1/4 of a cup of oil, the juice of a small lemon and lemon zest.
- Take the Salmon and remove the skin (if not off already).
- Pour the mixture over the fillets in a dish and let them marinade for as long as you can.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 15 to 20 mins at 190 degrees C until the salmon flesh is cooked and flaky.
As stated earlier, for us at least, we think the rice is what really makes the dish. We could eat a bowl of it on its own.
- Basmati rice
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red pepper
- 5 small spring onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- Soy sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Finely chop the spring onions, chilli and garlic
- Grate roughly a cm cubed of ginger.
- Add half a cup of rice per person into a saucepan.
- Wash the rice until all the starch (or as much as you can) has been removed.
- Fill the saucepan back up with water until it sits about 1cm above the rice.
- Add the garlic, chilli and ginger to the rice.
- Heat the rice (with the lid off) until the water disappears and holes appear at the surface. As soon as this happens turn the heat off and put the lid on the saucepan and in 11 minutes, you’ll have perfect rice.
- Add the peanuts, spring onion and red pepper to the rice.
- Season with soy sauce to taste.
Combining these two elements creates a simple and tasty dish.